Tuesday, November 6, 2018

Paranthas and more...

I was just back from Lucknow, but not completely out of it. And, owe Rahul Arora for prolonging by days that earthen fervour of UP I was too reluctant to forfeit. Frugally dished up amid a kitschy ambiance evocative of North with a twist, Paranthas at Paranthewali Gali shone in taste with nominal oil, a lot of love and choicest fillings – by almost giving birth to tastes by will!


Both Keema and Dhania-mirch Paranthas were shapely, overly ample and discretely delicious. With an induced uniqueness of crumbled laddu, Motichoor ki lassi tasted honourably buttery. Poise was proudly not as much at premium there as elsewhere. But, what swept me off my feet was Paan Lassi – truly a semiliquid expression of 'Paan' at its savoury best, ripe with an abiding mystique that I often miss in those chlorophyllic triangles typically popped after meals. Flavoured candies supplied with Bill lent a maudlin touch to my experience. Besides cookery, Surprising was what Rahul seemed to be good at. I just wish him more of that talent, and myself more paranthas at PWG.

No comments:

Post a Comment