Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Thakali recall!

Thakali recalled! And, so was my expeditious revisit.

I had earlier the Henry Jekyll of Prawn Balls – sociable, succulent and scrumptious. Soon after I ate the Edward Hyde of it – frigid, shrivelled and lacking all that I ever loved in food. Doma Wang, I missed you terribly in the fare!

In Chicken Thukpa, I found Himalayan gentility whipped up in a bowl with apt mastery and warmth – leaving the egg-noodle maturely undercooked in a simmering broth of chicken, ginger, garlic, spring onions, green chilies and what not. Delicious Pork Kothays, served upturned in a cane-steamer, recalled American potstickers - with crisped-up bottoms and flavorous meat as filling. Mama mia! Shapta of lean pork - shredded and fried with pepper, onion, chilli and soy, offered a savour reckless and unrefined yet poised on all notes. Flat noodles with egg and pork turned out well but just well.

I love Thakali! 

But, if I take Doma out of my idea of it, will it stay as delicious?

No comments:

Post a Comment