Wednesday, March 28, 2018

TGIF...a wicked meal!

What launches an eatery is its ambiance but what sustains it is its food. Though I had my share of usual misgivings, having dined at TGIF across US on countless occasions, around the Indian experience that it would offer, I finally stepped in - having graciously yielded to my wife's coaxing on a cloudy Friday. She didn't fail me. I loved it again!

I endured within a ‘wicked’ duel between a dogged carnivore and a discriminating epicure while feasting on the 'Wicked Chicken' - two Cajun-spiced succulent yet firm chicken breasts sautéed and topped with exotic Cajun-cream sauce served with Jambalaya rice subtly carrying the French and Spanish influence. Butter roasted corn cobs and extra Cajun cream sauce came on side just to spike the flavour of the mood. The platter impressively flaunted the defining directness of an archetypal American delicacy – loud, honest, identifiable, proudly indelicate yet unfailingly delivering the promised taste. For the uninitiated - safely start with the 'ribs' and seafood platters.

I often visit TGIF just to know what I am REALLY fond of!

No comments:

Post a Comment